Thursday, March 8, 2012

Beauty Treats

My recent beauty purchases have made me VERY happy. I did a ton of research before hand, & finally decided on a new chemical-physical exfoliator. I am using Exfolikate, by Kate Sommerville. I totally dig it. Not only do you get that cleansing sensation of the microbeads, but you also get a chemical type of exfoliator in a more natural equivalent.

The ingredients are almost all natural, and the smell is fresh and clean. It smells of lemongrass, and spring. I have been using it for about a month, and the travel sizes which are sold at Sephora are only $19 and last quite a while if only using the recommended twice a week.




My new OTHER love is Mac matte lipstick Iris Apfel-Pink Pigeon. It is simply amazing. The perfect shade of pink, and since it's matte it's not too glossy or bold. You can layer it to control the strength of the hue, and it is Super CUTE!




You can find it MAC stores, or on Amazon at:
http://www.amazon.com/Lipstick-PINK-PIGEON-Apfel-collection/dp/B006U6LQ4W

My final beauty buy was an investment. I have been using Clinique facial moisturizer for years, and I felt it was time to upgrade, not only in brand, but what it can do for my skin. I tried the brands containing retinal, but I couldn't get over the smell....no matter how hard they tried to disguise it with other scents. I know that's probably the best for me, but this seems to be working pretty well.

I start by cleansing my skin, and I am using it in the morning, and again at night before bed. It's Murad's Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisturizer. It's also available at Sephora. for 1.7 ounces it retails for $65.

Living in cold climate has definitely wreaked havoc on my skin, and it screams for a "drink". This quenches my thirsty skins thirst!

No comments:

Post a Comment