Monday, January 9, 2012

Knitting...I think I will.

Some say this is an old lady hobby. I don't agree. This is an AWESOME hobby! Over the holidays my hubby's Grandmother spent some time teaching me the "cast on", "cat off", & basic "knit stitches."

When I got home, I unravelled the entire piece of yarn I had knitted, & started over. It looked BAD. Honestly!

The second time around, I am noticing a marked improvement. I am almost making NO mistakes. YAY me!

I have been using the weekly sales adds at Michaels & signed up for online coupons for Joann. I stocked up on 3 different colored yarns, middle weight, and about 15 rolls.

I am totally loving the chunky yarn. Lion Brand has some really cute ones.

I also found some cute patterns on Etsy . There are quite a few retailers that sell patterns, as well as custom make yarn like this. Sweet.

I am so excited to share with you my new hobby, & will keep updating my new progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment