Sunday, January 1, 2012

For Christmas I recieved "The Exegesis of Philip K. Dick"....

I am excited to start this book The Exegesis of Philip K Dick because Philip K Dick has written so many fascinating novels that have been made into extremely popular movies in the last few years. I was surprised to learn that the novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" was made into one of my favorite movies "Bladerunner". he is also the author of Total Recall, The Minority Report, and others.



Although diagnosed with schizophrenia and massive hallucinations, he was a genius, ahead of his time in his science fiction writings, and descriptions of the future. From what I know of him already, I must admit he is a little "out there"...but his ideas shaped the future of science fiction novels, cartoons, and movies! http://www.philipkdick.com/aa_biography.html

No comments:

Post a Comment