Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What I'm reading now.....

I started this book before the holidays arrived, but as you can see, I'm not quite done. In order to read a novel that is full of facts, and dates, I need absolute quiet. No, I am not someone who can concentrate through the kids fighting, the dog jumping on me, or music playing in the background.

I also have a really bad habit of reading more than one book at a time. I think the reason is that depending upon what's going on, I have to read selectively dependent upon the content of the book. Thus, reading my current book, An Anatomy of Addiction by Howard Markel proves to be a challenge. for lack of a better term, this book is "meaty".


Comprised of an extensive history of the origins of cocoa (Cocaine), as well as the life and time of Sigmund Freud. The book is insanely interesting, and offers information that I never thought I'd come across. For potential readers, know that the book is not a self-help or therapeutic. This is strictly an educational novel, containing data, facts and figures about the beginnings, and integration of cocaine and it's byproducts, into modern society.

No comments:

Post a Comment