Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sephora Products...the Search for a Great Moisturizer

The moisturizer I settled on actually didn't come from Birchbox, but I did do a great deal of research and was pleasantly surprised at the outcome. I wasn't really looking for a new cleanser, but since I found that Sephora carried a gift pack which included the moisturizer I wanted to try, plus a small sized cleanser, plus one additional item all for the same price as the moisturizer on its own, I had to try it.

This set contains:- 1.7 oz Starting Over™ Age-Erasing Moisturizer with Mimosa
- 0.17 oz Plantscription™ Anti-Aging Serum
- 1.7 oz Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash
The value is $62, but I got the entire set for $46. The moisturizer that comes in the set is the same as the one you can purchase individually for $47.50. http://www.sephora.com/age-erasing-kit-P297509?skuId=1375591



I loved the moisturizer because although it feels light on your skin, it still does a great job of relieving dry skin, AND as a bonus is lightening (fading) my sun spots which had been accumulating over the summer. I love the fact that its a natural product, since I'm pregnant, doesn't smell too strongly, and contains plant extracts like Mimosa. I truly LOVE this moisturizer. Keep in mind that it doesn't contain a sunscreen, so you would need to add one separately.

The bonus addition of the cleanser caught me off guard, but now that I have been using it, I might end up purchasing some later on. The foaming cleanser smells like Lemongrass (mmmm), and has a very light, clean smell to it. I also felt that after using it, my face felt clean like the way bar soap really makes your face feel cleansed. It's also gentle, and being an Origins product, is full of natural ingredients as a rule. The 5 ounce size retails for $20.



I recently bought this moisturizer for my hubby. He seems to like it, once you get past the DHA smell, but I just couldn't handle it. It smells faintly of oranges, but according to him the DHA smell sticks with you for awhile. It almost smells musty or moldy, like wet clothes until it wears off. However, he says that it really makes a difference for him with fine lines and wrinkles, so I guess for him it works.

It's the Ole Henriksen Truth Creme Advanced Hydration Moisturizer. It retails at Sephora for $45 for 1.7 ounces. Not too expensive. somewhere in the middle. http://www.sephora.com/truth-creme-advanced-hydration-P308101?skuId=1411289

No comments:

Post a Comment